PINKPICKS wine & dine
Check Dining in Chicago • Denver • Los Angeles • New York • San Francisco • Seattle
• 1/2 cup mascarpone, at room temperature • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• Preheat oven to 400° F.
• Place apples in a bowl and drizzle lemon juice over them, tossing gently to coat.
• Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples to skillet and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add sugar and cinnamon and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
• Mix together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Pour into the skillet and mix well. Cook for another minute or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat to cool.
• Unfold puff pastry sheets and trim each sheet into a square. Cut each one into 4 smaller squares. Spread apples onto the middle of each square, then fold each square in half to form a triangle. Press ends together to seal. Place the triangles 1-2 inches apart, on a slightly greased baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush the top of each turnover with beaten egg whites.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
• To make the glaze, mix together the mascarpone and maple syrup in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over the cooled turnovers and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
Copyright ©1990-2012 PINK Magazine & PINK PAGES Directories. All Rights Reserved. Site designed by David Cohen